Fish Fry with Hindish Fish Fry Blended Spices
Fish fry is popularly enjoyed as a starter and some say that it is a perfect dish for occasions like parties, potlucks, and for an event. I say it’s the best side dish for even the smallest occasion like our daily meal!
I love fish every which way! I can’t forget the days when my brother and I came back from school to a home filled with aroma of fried fish. Mum served us delicious and mouth-watering Sardine (in Mumbai we call it Tarli) fish fry with homemade dal and steamed rice. If you have had the same kind of experience – ‘maa ke haath ka’ dal, chawal and machi fry then I am sure you can relate to this.
There is no art to prepare a fish fry, but the catch is how delicately you fry the fish so that it doesn’t get stuck to the pan and breaks. To make a crisp and unbreakable fish fry dedicate a separate Pan / Tawa ONLY for frying fish because this allows you to flip slices easily and will give you a full crispy masaledar fish to your plate!
For Frying, we can use any kind of fish like Sardine, King Fish, Pomfret or any river water fish. Even a simple fish fry with a marination of salt and pepper would taste best but when the same marination is topped with flavours of tanginess and spiciness then one just wont stop eating more and more....
Learn how to make perfect crispy and flavourful Fish Fry with our Hindish blended spices. Hindish Fish Fry Masala is made with natural blend of 6 spices are enough to satisfy your palate to leave you drooling. So, let’s get going using MagMary India’s fish fry premix
- ½ kg slices of black pomfret or king fish
- 3 tbsp Hindish Fish Fry Masala
- 4-5 tablespoon oil for shallow frying
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash the fish slices.
- In a bowl make a paste of Hindish Fish Fry Masala and salt by adding a little water, if required.
- Apply this marinade generously to the fish slices on both sides.
- To a heated pan, add oil for shallow frying.
- Once oil is heated well, place the marinated fish slices and cook them for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Flip the fish to the other side and cook for another 4-5 minutes. This will brown and cook the fish slices well.
- Garnish with lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.